Sunday, August 11, 2013

Beautifully Shattered

I am currently reading a book entitled, "anything..." by Jennie Allen.  Of the MANY quotes I have highlighted, the following is my favorite (for now),

"Something about Jesus changes everything - shatters what we thought we were going to do with our lives."

I like the word "shatters" because it indicates something broken or weakened.  Our will must be shattered in order to bring God glory.  Why?  We are selfish people; comfort is our desire.  Jesus was a giver, even before He gave His life for us; He gave.  He gave time, hope, power, forgiveness, and incomprehensible love.  When we get to know Jesus WE break, but He restores us.  We become beautifully shattered held together by His love.

"Many plans are in a man's mind, but it is the Lord's purpose for him that will stand." 
Proverbs 19: 21

     

2 comments:

  1. Gods work is so amazing and incomprehensible! What a mighty God we serve....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I noted the same thing. God gives, and gives, and gives~yesterday, today, and forever! Such truth!!

    ReplyDelete