It's amazing to me when God calls us to take a leap of faith, we feel like we are the first. It feels radical, maybe even dangerous. We wonder about the inconvenience and instability of it all.
I've been doing what I do for over twenty years and the Lord is calling me in a new direction.
Does He have any idea what He's asking for? This is all I've known. Honestly, I question MY ability to do much else. It's what I trained for, what I'VE invested in...it's what He called me to...until now.
"As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 17 “Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.” 18 At once they left their nets and followed him.
19 When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. 20 Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him."
Mark 1: 16-20 NIV
God is a God of leaving what is comfortable. Isn't that my problem with the call? It's uncomfortable! He wants me to leave what I know...what I'm known for...what I DO...and be totally dependent on Him. And for what...to fish?
The truth is; I've been fishing all along. He just wants to change the location, bait, and the type of fish.
I'm not the first He's called to fish and neither are you!
Matt 9:9-17 talks about the call of Levi/Matthew. He exchanged his job as a tax collector, a good job for him, financially rewarding for sure, but instead traded it for acceptance by Christ. And we learn that for the first time in Matthew's life, his heart and his conscience were finally at peace. Wow, what a feeling! My prayer for you as you obediently follow the Lord's call into this new season, that you'd feel that peace between your heart and your conscience just as Matthew did.
ReplyDeleteAhhhhh, peace! There's no price tag attached.
Delete